Assistance League of Montgomery County funds a multiple-tier Scholarship Program:
- Texas University/College $4,000 Scholarships given to graduating Montgomery County high school seniors who have been accepted to a Texas four-year university/college and are majoring in a discipline that allows the student to serve the community.
- Scholarships given to graduating Montgomery County high school seniors who have been accepted to a Texas two-year college.
- Continuation Scholarships which provide education funds and assistance to students who received the $4,000 scholarship and are enrolled in their sophomore, junior or senior year in a four-year Texas university/college.
- Nontraditional Scholarships given to students who attend community colleges to develop work skills in response to life- or work-altering events.
- Scholarship funds provided for physically-challenged or special needs individuals who lack the financial resources to participate in therapeutic programs that can improve their well-being and functional skills.
In addition, because Assistance League of Montgomery County believes the success of the student is critical, volunteers in the Scholarship Program commit to mentoring at least one student during the school year to help him/her successfully transition to the college setting.
During the 2015-2016 fiscal year, 13 graduating high school students received $4,000 Scholarships; 14 students received Certification Scholarships; 18 students received Continuation Scholarships; and 10 received Nontraditional Scholarships. In total, over $97,000 was awarded through the Scholarship Program.